Thursday, February 9, 2012

Discoveries II

Here are a few more interesting discoveries I have made in this Challenge:

Mushrooms
I used to hate mushrooms, I would pick them out of food if I saw them. Just the thoughts that they were a fungus make me shiver and I have no idea why. It probably involves something with my brother, I usually blame weird things on him. Anyway, someone was talking about a recipe and as soon as I said I don't eat mushrooms they asked why. I just shrugged and they told me to get over it, and just eat them. Well, at that point I did and they weren't too bad. Not my favorite thing in the world, with the weird texture but they are okay. The surprising thing is that I usually like weird textures but not mushrooms. So as long as I dice those suckers and don't think about it I will eat them.

Chocolate
I have found out how dangerous chocolate can be. I originally allowed it on my list but at this point I am thinking about crossing it out or making my like more specific. How I currently have it defined, is not working. A little chocolate can mean various amounts. I know that at the moment I am eating more chocolate than I did before I started the challenge.

Extreme BLT Salad @ Uncommon Ground on Western Ave
One of the best salads, I have had from a local joint in Albany. It has lots of bacon, tomatoes and mozzarella balls in it. Its a great salad, its on my list of places to go that I can get something paleo. Ignore the bagels if you go here, but yes the salad is good and under $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment