Friday, February 17, 2012

accomplishments of half of a challenge

So far only half of the challenge has gone by. In the beginning, it seemed like 90 days was going to take forever. Now, that we are half way through the challenge it doesn't seem that way. I believe that the next six weeks is going to fly by. I don't know if it has just gotten easier to make better choices for me, or if by seeing how far I have come in just six weeks I can't wait to see what he next six will bring me.

So far, I have accomplished one of my goals. To do a pullup. I used the green band and got NINE whole pull ups. It was in sets of three and totally amazing. In December I couldn't do a pull up with the green band. This totally blows my mind. It makes me soooo happpy!

Following the pull ups is that I have lost an inch on my upper arms. I am pretty sure that inch was all flab because when I flex now, I can see muscle. Do you know how cool that is? It is so awesome. The same goes for my calves, its all muscle.

The biggest super duper moment for me was a PR for a 1 rep thruster, 95lbs. Totally freaking awesome! At the end of March I am going to see what I can get it up to, for a check for the last six weeks of the challenge.


So yes, I am super happy with myself. I know I have a long way to go and some things are still alluding me aka losing weight or inches off my midsection. Not to mention I still haven't made it in for 4 CF classes in one week, which is totally a goal. I no longer crave wheat things like cake, but the chocolate still has its hold on me. Now, I gotta decide what to focus on for the last six week. I know my diet could be better, I plan on putting the main focus on that. I would like to do a 45 day burpee challenge... Hmmm... I am going to have to think about this a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment