Monday, January 16, 2012

Cheating, the good and the bad

Over this weekend, I cheated. I would rank it as pretty bad. I did have scheduled cheats once a month during the challenge. My goal was to not use them.

Friday: Rice
Saturday: Rice, egg roll
Sunday: Three slices of pizza
Monday: Sushi for lunch, two mini christmas cookies

Sunday and Monday were scheduled cheats. The Pizza was suppose to be next weekend when we originally were going to go home. It's my favorite pizza place, its the only place I eat pizza. It was awesome, honey mustard pizza with chicken, and chicken spedie pizza on a red sauce. Type of pizza you really can't get anywhere else. It was so good and I was glad that I cheated. Monday's sushsi was suppose to be on valentines day, but now my BF isn't going to be here so we decided to go for lunch since I have the day off. Again an awesome choice I am glad that we went.

My grandma makes  Christmas cookies each year, and she had some in her freezer for me. I always have her break my cookies into two bags so I don't get all of them at once. So I had an m&m cookie and a black bottom cup. They are my grandma's own recipes, I have been practicing making these cookies for years, and I still don't have it down. My mom made them last year and they were nowhere at my grandmas level. I enjoyed have one small cookie and one mini cupcake thing. It was awesome and part of a tradition in my family. Totally, worth it.

Friday and Saturday weren't awesome. They were emotional eating, the didn't make me feel good or happy to be eating it. Instead, they made me feel worse, wanting to cheat some more since I already cheated.

It took this weekend for me to realize that there are good cheats and bad. Good are special occasions, things that aren't all the time, they are special. Another lesson learned in this challenge. Now, I just have to stay back on track. It should be easier once my BF is gone since I won't have to cook for him as well. We will see. My goal is to I still want to lose 10 pounds, it doesn't matter if I can fit in my black dress for Valentines day now, but it will still be nice to get back in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment