Friday, January 6, 2012

Discoveries

There are a few things I have discovered this far into my paleo challenge and I figured I would share.

LARABARS
Complete and utter awesomeness. Pecan Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, Cashew Chew. I will let you in on a little secret. I loved Luna Bars, but they were not paleo, not even close and it made me sad. Then one day wandering around in the grocery store I see these and decide to look. Someone was watching out for me that day, I don't know what I would do without them. I love them as a mid morning snack a on a day that I have worked out.

Shrimp
Totally on sale this week at Price Chopper, which lead to me making shrimp curry. An awesome shrimp curry, so yummy and simple. It seems I have finally gotten a good curry recipe down. I have been testing different recipes for curry over the last month. Its about time I figured it out.
Butternut squash
Peppers and onions
Curry Powder
Salt seasoning
Coconut Milk, but one the top 3/4 of a can
Shrimp
It came out perfectly, my BF had it with rice and I will say that I was totally jealous. I resisted the rice but it was perfect. Nice and thick, spicy,with shrimp goodness. Mmmhmm, going to have to make some more.

A workout log
I have discovered that writing down my workouts, keeps me accountable and excited. I want to put another entry into my pretty little notebook. I want to see if there is something I improved on or if I have done this workout before. I have been writing down everything since December 1st and I wished I started this sooner. In September I tried to keep track of it online, but it wasn't satisfying and it felt like work. Now, I want to write down what I have been doing. It makes a big difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment