Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What will stop you from going to a workout?

I know what the answer should be. It should be nothing.

Nothing should stop me from going to a workout. There should be nothing that is more important to me then my health. I would like to think that there is nothing more important to me then my health but the can't be the case.

Not when you look at my track record.I have missed 3 workouts this month, and when you figure I average 3 workouts a week, thats a whole week of workouts. At that rate I am taking a week off each month, and I wonder why I am not seeing more improvements.

So what stopped me from going to those workouts? I know two of them, the other was I wasn't in town and didn't have the time to do a makeup. The other two, were fear. It was simple really, I was scared to do burpee pull ups, and then on monday 150 wallballs. Just thinking about it made me want to puke in my mouth.

But yes it was totally fear that caused me to skip those days. The fear that I was going to fail, that I couldn't do the workout, that I would be there forever trying to finish. All stupid fears, but fears none the less. I need to work on my fears.

There are seven days left in this month and I am going to get 3 workouts in. Wednesday, Friday and Monday. If all goes well on Saturday, maybe even Saturday. I have to salvage this month, and thats not even talking about my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment